Autumn Shiatsu & Self-Care Retreat 2023
In this Autumn Shiatsu Retreat we will work with the Autumn element of metal – the element of structure, and the corresponding organs of Lung and Large Intestine.
27th-28th May 2023
Location: Katikati, Bay Of Plenty
The introductory weekend courses are designed for anyone interested in bodywork, personal growth and development. Each course teaches the basic principles and techniques of Shiatsu Bodywork and enables participants to practice and experience what Shiatsu feels like as a giver and receiver.
The Autumn Shiatsu Retreat focuses on the organs or Lung and Large Intestine and the corresponding metal element – the element on structure.
Following the expansion of summer and the harvest time, Autumn time begins the turning inwards, the quieting, holds the knowledge and awareness to watch nature and to let go.
We’ll work with our breath and with boundaries that are healthy.
Inspiring rituals and easy routines will help us connect with our own metal nature.
As with each Intro Course, we use the bladder meridian for learning and applying shiatsu techniques and practicing on. This meridian also helps with easing away tension and allowing relaxation.
Topics of the workshop include:
- Breath work to open our lungs
- Working with boundaries playfully
- meeting and understanding the Autumn energies within our bodies and surroundings
- learning basic TCM principles which are essential to the work of Shiatsu
- sharing and connecting with one another
- The aspects of the metal element such as discipline, routine, taking in and letting go will be experienced on another level
- learn to give autumn related Shiatsu and be able to give a 45min Shiatsu treatment to family or friends
- Shiatsu Bodywork and its TCM background will give us ways to experience and understand ourselves in this season and provides tools for better contact with ourselves when it comes to taking in and letting go
Location: Katikati, Bay of Plenty (full address and directions provided on booking)
Course times: 9am – 6pm Saturday and Sunday. There will be two short breaks for morning and afternoon tea and a lunch break of 1 hour.
- full 2 day course tuition
- all course materials
- lunch and morning and afternoon teas on Saturday and Sunday