You’re awesome! We’re so excited you are joining us!
Complete your Participant Information form
This short participant registration form will enable us to get to know you and better understand your needs for your upcoming course.
Read your essential course information
all you need to know about your course can be found right here. We’ll also send you an email with this information.
Essential Course Information
Congratulations! You have registered for the Shiatsu Certificate Course, which will take you on a beautiful journey of discovery of the Japanese Art of Shiatsu and of your self.
During this year of study you will:
- learn anatomy and physiology of the human body
- study the basic elements of Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM) as it relates to Shiatsu in theory and practice, including the five elements, meridians and yin/yang
- discover the 12 Meridians, their location on the body and their treatment options
- become familiar with contra indications and cautions of shiatsu therapy
- experience various self-shiatsu exercises and techniques
- learn techniques of mobilising, stretching and positional transitioning of clients during shiatsu treatments
- learn and practice self care as a practitioner, including positioning as a giver and the development of their own wellness plan
- gain an understanding of a more holistic and integrated way of thinking
- gain a deeper understanding of oriental practices, discover meditation techniques and embark on a journey of self-exploration
- be guided in their own hands on shiatsu practice
Your Course dates are:
- Module 1: Thursday 16th – Sunday 19th February 2023
- Module 2: Friday 17th – Sunday 19th March 2023
- Module 3: Friday 21st – Sunday 23rd April 2023
- Module 4: Friday 19th – Sunday 21st May 2023
- Module 5: Friday 16th – Sunday 18th June 2023
- Module 6: Friday 14th – Sunday 16th July 2023 (tbc)
- Module 7: Friday 11th – Sunday 13th August 2023
- Module 8: Friday 15th – Sunday 17th September 2023
- Module 9: Friday 13th – Sunday 15th October 2023
- Module 10: Friday 10th – Sunday 12th November 2023
- Module 1: Thursday-Sunday, 9am til 6pm
- Modules 2-10: Fridays 4pm til 8pm, Saturdays and Sundays 9am til 6pm
Your course details, progress and assignments thoughout the year will be managed from an online platform. We will send you details about this and how to log in before your course commences.
The course will be held at YURTSPACE Natural Health Clinic and Learning Space in Katikati. The address is 162 Hot Springs Road, Katikati. Take the driveway after the house and letterbox, behind the shelterbelt and follow driveway keeping to the left until you see the signposted parking spaces.
Morning tea, lunch and afternoon tea are provided for all full course days. There will be 2 short breaks for morning and afternoon tea and one hour for lunch.
All food provided will be free of animal products and gluten. Please let us know if you are celiac or have other dietary requirements or allergies via your participant information form.
What to bring
All course materials are provided.
Please bring pen and extra paper if you would like to take notes.
Please wear comfortable clothes with long sleeves and long pants, and bring a spare pair of clean socks.
If you like, feel free to bring a towel, scarf or sarong to lie on. This is not necessary, as all props are provided, but if you would like your own, you may like to bring this.
You will be advised before each course if there is anything else to bring.
Thank you for your whole-hearted participation! We are looking forward to seeing you on the course weekends.
Add dates to calendar
Don’t forget to add your course dates to your calendar!
An email is sent to you with receipt of your payment with the above details, so you can access this at your leisure and convenience.
Downloads are also available under ‘my account’, if you created an account on checkout.
Tell your friends
share your course with friends!