Intro Course October 2021
In this Spring Shiatsu Workshop we will work with the spring element of wood – the element of growth, and the corresponding organs of Liver and Gallbladder.
9th-10th October 2021
Location: Wairua, Athenree / Waihi Beach, Bay of Plenty
The introductory weekend courses are designed for anyone interested in bodywork, personal growth and development. Each course teaches the basic principles and techniques of Shiatsu Bodywork and enables participants to practice and experience what Shiatsu feels like as a giver and receiver.
The wood element comes forth in Spring time, bursting out, with a forward movement. It’s energy has purpose and clear direction for growth and expansion. Planning and putting plans into action is the energy of Spring and the strength of the wood element.
But wood is also adventurous and playful, enabling it to be flexible and spontaneous.
As with each intro course, we use the bladder meridian for learning and applying shiatsu techniques and practicing on.
Topics of this workshop cover:
- meeting and understanding the Spring (wood) energies within our bodies and surroundings
- sharing and connecting with one another
- learn to give spring related Shiatsu and be able to give a 45min Shiatsu treatment to family or friends
- The aspects of the element of wood such as (forward) movement, growth, flexibility, spontaneity and action will be taken to another level in experience
- Learning Shiatsu Bodywork and it’s TCM background will give us ways to experience and understand ourselves in this season and provide tools for releasing or building up tension and flexibility (muscles).
Location: Wairua, Athenree, Bay Of Plenty – full address available on registration.
Course times: 9am – 6pm Saturday and Sunday. There will be two short breaks for morning and afternoon tea and a lunch break of 1 hour.
- full 2 day course tuition
- all course materials
- lunch and morning and afternoon teas on Saturday and Sunday