Intro Course January 2022
In this summer shiatsu workshop we will work with the summer element of fire: the four fire meridians, and we’ll find balance through the bladder meridian (water controls fire when needed…)
22nd – 23rd January 2022
Location: Yurtspace – Katikati, Bay Of Plenty
The introductory weekend courses are designed for anyone interested in bodywork, personal growth and development. Each course teaches the basic principles and techniques of Shiatsu Bodywork and enables participants to practice and experience what Shiatsu feels like as a giver and receiver.
Fire is the most yang of the Elements, the most ethereal, lightest, fastest and brightest of all.
This is the fastest-paced introduction workshop of the elements, fitting in the most information when it comes to meridians, and pushing the summer qualities of speed, brightness, joy and touch.
As with each intro course, we use the bladder meridian for learning and applying shiatsu techniques and practicing on.
Topics of this workshop cover:
- meeting and understanding the Summer (FIRE) energies within our bodies and surroundings
- learning basic TCM principles which are essential to the work of Shiatsu
- sharing and connecting with one another
- learn to give summer related Shiatsu and be able to give a 45min Shiatsu treatment to family or friends!
- The aspects of the element Fire such as Touch, Inspiration, Connection and Joy will be taken to another level
- Shiatsu Bodywork and its TCM background will give us ways to experience and understand ourselves in this season and provides tools for a more open heart
Course times: 9am – 6pm Saturday and Sunday. There will be two short breaks for morning and afternoon tea and a lunch break of 1 hour.
- full 2 day course tuition
- all course materials
- lunch and morning and afternoon teas on Saturday and Sunday