The introductory weekend course is for anyone interested in bodywork, personal growth and development. The course teaches the basic principles and techniques of Shiatsu Bodywork and enables participants to practice and experience what Shiatsu feels like as a giver and receiver.
Furthermore, each course has a theoretical focus on a particular Chinese element, depending on the time of year.
Participation in one Introductory Weekend Course is a pre-requisite for the Foundation Level Shiatsu Certificate and the Shiatsu Practitioner Training (Diploma in Shiatsu Therapy)
This Late Summer Shiatsu workshop will focus on the corresponding earth element with the organs Spleen and Stomach.
This time of year is the time of harvest. We’ll be working with the nourishing and grounding qualities that the earth element brings. Stepping out of a busy mind that overthinks to a body that experiences clarity, is what this season and this workshop is about. When working with the earth element we include Hara (belly) work and include supporting our digestion for more balance and stability in our body.
As with each Intro Course, we use the bladder meridian for learning and applying shiatsu techniques and practicing on. This meridian also helps with easing away tension and allowing relaxation.
Topics of this workshop cover:
- meeting and understanding the Late Summer (EARTH) energies within our bodies and surroundings
- learning basic TCM principles which are essential to the work of Shiatsu
- sharing and connecting with one another
- learn to give late summer related Shiatsu and be able to give a 45min Shiatsu treatment to family or friends!
- Shiatsu Bodywork and its TCM background will give us ways to experience and understand ourselves in this season and provides tools for grounding, abundance and generosity.